Saturday, September 3, 2011

Contributed by Willard White, ACI Houston

I miss him [Barry] too. I have a sister in law that is a Redskin fan and we go back and fourth every year. I named my son after a Cowboy linebacker (Randy White) and when he was born Barry bought him a $100.00 savings bond. He's going to Sam Houston now and the bond came in handy recently.


Do not forget that Hugh Banner went to Texas and started Binswanger of Texas. It is my understanding that the Binswangers didn't think it was a good move but Mr. Banner did and used some of his own money. It  turned out to be a gold mine for him and the Binswangers. I was a glazier at 207 North Main and I would see his limo drop him off at the office for a few minutes, I guess to pick up his check. They had an elevator installed just for him. 207 north main was the Texas division office until they divided Texas into North and South regions. Norman Toellner was the president of south Texas. Oliver Pierce and later Johnny Roach of north Texas. There was a rivalry between the divisions to see who could make the most profit. When ACI bought us they retired Mr. Toellner (very sad day) and Texas (North and South) were combined under Mr. Roach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment